quarta-feira, 20 de novembro de 2013

Signs of growing old... or not!...

 
Yesterday, talking with a friend I heard her reason why people start to Forget things. And it has nothing to do with aging. Well, at least in a certain way.
Since I know her, she has been travelling a lot because of her job and at the same time she has a lot of unforgettable moments and adventures. So, she tells me that some times people talk to her about things that she can't remember about and some of them hadn't been that long ago. Usually people get a bit upset about it and maybe they even think that those moments weren't that important to her as were to them but the truth, according to her, is that she has lived a lot of different experiences, really great, and she can't keep all the memories of her life inside her head, so every time she experiences something new and exciting, occurs a change in her brain which is the replace of some old memory by the new one. Her theory also says that at some point, she can have a change in her view of things and by that she means that priorities and values can evolve and then it will happens again - the replacement in her memories - and old memories come back and replace new ones. And that's because she is living her life to the most, not only surviving the day.
I like this theory. Now, everytime someone tell me I'm getting old because I forgot things, I'll just reply that I'm living the Life! After all, as long as we know, we only have one that we can remember.

Sem comentários: